Thursday, November 23, 2017

"The Temptation of Adam"

Dave Connis writes words you can sing and words you can read. He lives in Chattanooga, TN with his wife, Clara and a dog that barks at non-existent threats.

Connis applied the Page 69 Test to his new novel, The Temptation of Adam, and reported the following:
From page 69:
He throws his hands in the air defensively. "Fine, so I still want to figure out how to get your mom back. There are so many men who just give up on love, though. Why can’t I be one willing to fight for it? Doesn’t the world need that?"

I let out two good, fake throw-up noises and point at my neck. "Sorry. Cluster of Cocoa Puffs stuck in my throat."

"Grow up, kid," he says, shoving my head to the side.

The annoyed smile on his face makes me laugh. I’ve got to admit, I’ve liked my dad a lot more since I got suspended from school, and I don’t say either part of that sentence that a lot.
This is a conversation between Adam and his dad once they, sort of, make amends. It's representative of the book because this is the beginning of Adam coming around to people again, from here, we see him realize that attempting to trust and love other people is a big part of his healing.
Visit Dave Connis's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Temptation of Adam.

Writers Read: Dave Connis.

--Marshal Zeringue