Wednesday, June 3, 2015

"Unchanged"

Jessica Brody's books include the teen sci-fi/suspense trilogy: Unremembered, Unforgotten, and Unchanged. Unremembered is now in development as a major motion picture.

Brody applied the Page 69 Test to Unchanged and reported the following:
From page 69:
The glint off the metal cube drive sparkles in the glass and I turn around and pick it up. I sit down on the edge of the bed and turn the small object over and over in my palm, studying its smooth, shiny surface, wondering what could possibly stored on it. Some kind of message left for me to find?
When I was asked to participate in the page 69 test, I was fascinated to find that page 69 of Unchanged, the final book in the Unremembered trilogy really does capture a lot of what this story is about. As indicated in the above passage, Unchanged (as with the rest of the trilogy) is mysterious, suspenseful, and full of cool, futuristic technology. And this particular passage (along with a few other passages on this page) actually marks the beginning of a mystery that will set up the entire rest of the book and give a final resolution to the trilogy.

I love keeping the reader guessing and on the edge of their seat. And I also love exploring the “what-ifs” of our culture and our technology. That’s what I set out to do in this trilogy.

So, yes, I think Unchanged passes the page 69 test. I hope you’ll agree!
Learn more about the book and author at Jessica Brody's website and blog.

My Book, The Movie: Unremembered.

--Marshal Zeringue