Monday, May 1, 2017

"My Husband's Wife"

Jane Corry is a writer and journalist and has spent time as the writer in residence of a high-security prison for men–an experience that helped inspire My Husband’s Wife, her suspense debut.

Corry applied the Page 69 Test to My Husband’s Wife and reported the following:
I have to say that this is a brilliant idea of yours! I hadn’t realised until I read my own page 69 of My Husband’s Wife that it is really vital. It shows how characters can jump to the wrong (or right) conclusions. This is imperative to my plot which has lots of twists and turns. The page also highlights a relationship between Lily and someone who becomes more important in her life than she realises. In fact, I hadn’t realised when I wrote that scene, that the person involved (I won’t say who!) assumes a vital role. Somehow, he wormed his way into my affections until I just had to give him a bigger part!

When I re-read page 69, it brought a lump to my throat because it reveals the vulnerable side to Lily. She is convinced that her new husband doesn’t really love her and still has feelings for a woman he used to date. My heart goes out to her. In fact, I want to tell her to run away now and find someone who isn’t going to hurt her. But if she did that, it would make a different novel….

I’m now going to pay particular attention to page 69 in every book I read and write!
Learn more about My Husband's Wife. Follow Jane Corry on Twitter and Facebook.

My Book, The Movie: My Husband's Wife.

--Marshal Zeringue