Saturday, May 21, 2016

"This Is My Brain on Boys"

Sarah Strohmeyer is a bestselling and award-winning novelist whose books include The Secrets of Lily Graves, How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True, Smart Girls Get What They Want, The Cinderella Pact (which became the Lifetime Original Movie Lying to Be Perfect), The Sleeping Beauty Proposal, The Secret Lives of Fortunate Wives, Sweet Love, and the Bubbles mystery series.

She applied the Page 69 Test to her new novel, This Is My Brain on Boys, and reported the following:
Geesh. I don’t know. I usually give every book a 50-page test, though I gave Goldfinch more than that by far and still didn’t finish it. This Is My Brain on Boys is about how, despite our best efforts, really we are controlled by the chemicals in our brain. Love, attraction, heartbreak. All chemicals. But I think the twist is that we can control the chemicals in our own brains and, more importantly sometimes, the brains in others. In other words, it is actually possible to make someone fall in love. Those love potions of old weren’t so far off after all! So, for those interested in learning how to do that, they might want to stick around until the end.
Visit Sarah Strohmeyer's website.

--Marshal Zeringue