Saturday, April 11, 2015

"Losing Faith"

Adam Mitzner's books include A Case of Redemption and A Conflict of Interest.

He applied the Page 69 Test to his new novel, Losing Faith, and reported the following:
Page 69 is an important page in Losing Faith. It’s there we learn that the book’s protagonist, Aaron Littman, views Samuel Rosenthal as a father figure, and Rosenthal views his mentee as a surrogate son. We also learn that Rosenthal has long known Aaron’s secret.

My favorite passage from that page is when Sam Rosenthal references The Godfather.
“You know that line from The Godfather?” Rosenthal says. “When Vito Corleone tells the Turk that he spoils his children by allowing them to speak when they should listen? Well, I think I’m guilty of that same thing, because I let you off the hook to easily before. But now I’ve given you some time to handle it on your own so you preserve my – what did you call it? Plausible deniability? But that didn’t seem to work out too well for you, and so it’s time for you to tell me exactly what the hell went on between you and Judge Nichols, and how much of it Nicolai Garkov knows.”
Learn more about the book and author at Adam Mitzner's website.

The Page 69 Test: A Conflict of Interest.

My Book, The Movie: A Conflict of Interest.

The Page 69 Test: A Case of Redemption.

My Book, The Movie: A Case of Redemption.

--Marshal Zeringue