Thursday, October 17, 2013

"Crooked Numbers"

Tim O’Mara has been teaching math and special education in the New York City public schools since 1987. Sacrifice Fly, his top-selling debut mystery introduced the series hero Raymond Donne, a Brooklyn public schoolteacher who was once an up-and-coming police officer until a tragic accident destroyed his knees and the future he envisioned on the force.

O’Mara applied the Page 69 Test to Crooked Numbers, the newly released second book in the Raymond Donne series, and reported the following:
Somewhat paradoxically, Page 69 is where Raymond tells his romantic interest, Allison Rogers, now may not be the right time to sleep together for the first time. They’re having drinks at Raymond’s favorite bar, The LineUp.

“Why don’t you think of me as a one-night stand?” she asks Ray. To which Ray responds, “I could do that, but I’m already starting to like you.”

This scene marked the first time in the two books that I actually wanted to smack my main character upside the head. I’m sure there will be more.
Learn more about the book and author at Tim O'Mara's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

My Book, The Movie: Crooked Numbers.

--Marshal Zeringue