Monday, July 22, 2019

"Me Myself & Him"

Chris Tebbetts is the New York Times bestselling coauthor of James Patterson’s Middle School series. Originally from Yellow Springs, Ohio, Tebbetts is a graduate of Northwestern University. He lives and writes in Vermont.

Tebbetts applied the Page 69 Test to his new novel, Me Myself & Him, and reported the following:
This was a fun exercise, and in fact, page 69 is a great choice to represent at least one thread of my novel, Me, Myself & Him. That page straddles two sections of one chapter, where my gay protagonist, Chris, is just coming to realize that his two best (and straight) friends, Wexler and Anna, are beginning to hook up in their last summer before college, leaving him as the third wheel. This part of the story definitely speaks to some of the emotional truths I brought to the telling here—which is to say, this book is a little bit of memoir and a lot of fiction, and I was easily able to draw on my own memories of high school, when it comes to that sense of outsider-ness. I wasn’t comfortably out of the closet at that age, like my character is, but I remember well what it felt like to lose friends to a romance that I knew on some level was out of my own reach at that time.
Visit Chris Tebbetts's website.

My Book, The Movie: Me Myself & Him.

--Marshal Zeringue